Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about battery powered device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptewright

I am thinking of using a battery to replace a 12Vdc adapter to power my robot. (My long wires are getting tangled up all the time). My load draws about 1A. I found a cheap 12Vdc 3.5Ah NiMH rechargeable battery. So I guess that means that the battery can last approx 3.5 hours, correct?
Is there any chips out there that can detect the level of battery left and output a signal to a microprocessor to shut off the entire system if it's below a certain level?
I'm also thinking of having a built-in charger for this battery. Does anyone have a circuit? How do I prevent it from overcharging? Do I keep on monitoring the level and interrupt the charging when it reaches a certain voltage?
Thanks a bunch!

ptewright said:
Is there any chips out there that can detect the level of battery left and output a signal to a microprocessor to shut off the entire system if it's below a certain level?
y u need chip for that? , when a comparator can generate an INT to the micro.

I'm also thinking of having a built-in charger for this battery. Does anyone have a circuit? How do I prevent it from overcharging? Do I keep on monitoring the level and interrupt the charging when it reaches a certain voltage?
Thanks a bunch!
lots when i googled.. find the one suited for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back