Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about part in picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
modern electrolytics are EXTREMELY unreliable.
I've never had an electrolytic capacitor fail in my projects. I use mostly name-brand ones, a few used ones and even a few Chinese ones.

Remember a few (5 years?) years ago when nearly every brand of anything electronic had their Chinese electrolitic capacitors fail when they were new?
I know some guys who made a career of nothing but changing them.

Still doing it :lol:

Apparently a company who manufactures electrolyte for capacitors had an employee poached by another company. He took with him the details for their yet to be produced new electrolyte - and the new company put it into production. Meanwhile the original company continued development until it was ready for release - manufacturers using the 'pre-release' electrolyte had all their capacitors fail very early :lol:

I've never had capacitors fail in projects either, but (like yourself) I'm not buying massive quantities at the lowest possible price!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
had an employee poached by another company.
Poor guy. Boiled alive? What a way to go.
My wifey won a live lobster at the store. It was the biggest that we have ever seen. It didn't quite fit into the biggest pot we have. Poor thing. It was delicous. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back