Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Putting Dual opamp into Altium library?

Flyback

Hi,
Now i'm trying to do a dual opamp, MCP6002, one symbol including the power pins. Do you know how to do this?
I can do this easily in Eagle Pro. You just make two symbols separately in the lib...then shovel them both in when you make the "part".

...So now i have got the Part A and Part B in the lib...but it only places one of the parts on the schem sheet.
In the components window, it doesnt show the dual opamp as a 2 part device...but in the schem library, it shows as a 2 part device.

Ive just watched 2 altium videos on how to do this, and none showed how you get the components lib to show the 2 part device.
Even the Altium documentation doesnt show you how to do this....

...OK i deleted "U?" then re-typed it and now its ok......i presume i fixed this but it seems a bit bizarre.

..I believe this needs registering as a bug in Altium...i just spent an hour trying to do a dual opamp multi part......it wouldnt work...then it did work when i delted the "U?" designator and then re-typed it , the exact same as it was before i deleted it.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back