Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with student engineering position

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hi,

I got 1.5 years left for graduation.
Half a year ago I moved to another company which pays much better than where I worked before, and in general, is a better place to work at.
I fill a student position, and in general perform well at work.

There's one problem.

In order to stay in the company after graduation, and move from student position to engineer position, I'm required to graduate with an average of 85% or higher.

This demand always echoes in my head, and I find myself under much pressure in the everyday because of that.
Currently, my average stands on 89%, while I completed so far ~60% of the required academic points.

I'm very afraid that I won't be able to keep my average above 85% until I graduate.

What are your comments on this please?

hi,
First, STOP worrying about it, I know thats easier said than done, but when in your life has worrying about something made it work out right.???

Just do what you have done so far in your studies, 89% is a pretty fair result, so whatever you are doing, seems to be working OK.:)

Eric

I have always tried to remind myself that worry is a worthless emotion.
If you do the best you can you can be at peace with yourself.
Good luck!
Ron

You can talk to your boss and ask how strict they are with the GPA requirement. At the same time figure out what classes brought your GPA down. If it's something like "Intro the Feminist Theory", they might overlook it.

I had trouble with courses that required memorization, unfortunately they can be things like calculus, geometry, Psychology, German etc. When I figured out how to fix it, I did graduate with a 4.0 GPA.

Play the game. Take classes that may likely give you trouble and make your you can transfer them. Take them at a different school.

Otherwise, don't worry about it. One particular class I had, Fluid Mechanics the chairman of the department taught it and he was a real trip. At every lab he would hand out your rank in class with respect to everyone else and you had to analyze all the other groups data.

Then for the fun of it, he would say randomly during the instruction period of class and say "Take out a sheet of paper". It could happen once, twice, 3 times or not at all during class. It was for a pop quiz that you exchanged with your neighbor to correct. You HAD to read the assignments and do the homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back