Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Protel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mona:)

Hi everyone
i have a question about Altinium Design."how can i change the size of the board when i put the component on it ?"( i know when i creat a PCB board wizard i should do that but it is hard and unreasnable to creat another board with exact size and put the component on it ....)
here is the picture of board....
thank u all mona:)
View attachment 66548

Last edited:
You can move the lines that define the edge of the board with the same command you use to move any other line or track.

It works that way for me. But I don't use the wizard to begin a board. I just lay lines on the keep out layer for the board edges. Maybe the wizard is doing something different. Are the lines locked?

yes they are....when u want to creat a PCB board wizard it firstly ask u about the size of the board and somethings else,i wanna to know can i change the size without creating another board?

Last edited:
If you want to change the board size (i.e. the black background with the grid on it), you can either redraw or move its corners through the document->board shape menu. The actual board outline used by the pcb manufacturers will be the one defined by mechanical layer 1, or optionally the keepout layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back