Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please improve this table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad777

Languages:

-human lang <--> human mind
(Mandarin, Spanish, English...)
-programming lang <--> (bytecode)compiler/interpreter
(BASIC, Pascal, C++, Java, ASM)
-hardware def lang <--> fitter
(VHDL, Verilog, CUPL, ABEL)
-markup lang <--> renderer
(HTML, LaTeX)
-query lang <--> database engine
(SQL)
-DNA def lang <--> sequencer (Sci-Fi?)
(???)

Last edited:
Not clear what you are trying to show with the table. Most tables show a relation of A to B to ??? What you have is simply a list. Is it meant to be sequential or something?

For example, not quite sure of what you mean by DNA and sequencer. One exists as an entity; the other is a process.

John

Yes list, but it might become a table.

I heard that they took a single cell organism DNA, read it, and made a computer sequence it.
Synthetic DNA has then been put into empty cell, and this cell was shocked into life.

That's mostly old news. What do you make of it or want to make of it?

John

BTW: Someone will want to know what you mean by being "shocked into life." That is, how do you distinguish that from simply inserting DNA or genes or a nucleus.

First of all, did I make a mistake and can something be added?

(How did they call the software/hardware that did the sequencing?
But last item in this list is not most important. )

Last edited:
As I tried to indicate, I have no idea what your list is trying to communicate. If the last item is not important, then what does the second item mean:

-programming lang <--> (bytecode)compiler/interpreter
(BASIC, Pascal, C++, Java, ASM)

John

I thought it is apparent?
Actually this list could be a table with three columns:
first->type of language
second->the name of construct that makes sense of, or transforms the expressions
third-> example (only most popular)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back