Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PF1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawblade

I just ran across a free surge damaged 12v gate opener control unit, and I'm trying to repair it. There was one trace on the board that was completely toasted, so I bridged with a peice of wire, but still with no success. While tinkering with it, I found that a single component that is extremely hot that is marked on the board as PF1. It looks like a very large ceramic disc capacitor, but all the caps on the board are marked as C. Any suggestions on what it is?

The component itself is marked with "YP8I" on one side and "X60 X250 on the other.

I'm guessing it's a **broken link removed**, but I couldn't find any part number that matched any of the markings on your part.
If this is what it is, you have something shorted on your board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back