Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P89C51RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohmoh

HI ALL,

I'D LIKE TO CHECK IF THE P89C51RD MICROCONTROLLER IS WORKING OR NOT .. ANY IDEA WHAT SHALL I DO ,, I'D LIKT TO USE C PROGRAMMING TO PROGRAMM THE MICROCONTROLLER

THANKS ALOT :roll:

Write a simple test program like blinking an LED on any port or something. Program your uC through serial port using WinISP software available from Philips site.
Remember one thing. Never change Vector address (0xFC) using WinISP or you'll never be able to program you uC again with it.
All you need to change is status byte. Make it zero for normal execution of your program and non-zero for execution of boot ROM code.

FOr programming RD2 follow these steps
1) Connect your uC to serial port.
2) Make PSEN\ signal low. (Use slide switch)
3) MAnually reset your controller (Use push-button)
4) Enter correct crystal frequency in WinISP
5) Try reading Vector/Status bytes.
6) If everything goes perfectly, you'll see the actual values of these or a time-out will occur.
7) In this case try resetting the device again and repeat above steps.
8) Now blank check your uC.
9) If not blank erase selected sector
10) Program it
11) Verify it
12) Make status byte = 0x00. (You don't need to do this everytime)

Thats it. Fell free to ask if you don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back