Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oklahoma Tornado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
hi,

Seen the Oklahoma Tornado on UK TV, the devastation and the loss of life it caused, hope you guys and your families are OK.

Regards
Eric

Hi,

Yeah i didnt realize how bad it was until i saw it on the news last night. 51 confirmed deaths already, and the homes are completely wrecked looking like a field of toothpicks. What a mess. My thoughts and prayers out to the people affected.

Nature sure is getting nasty these days. I cant forget how the last storm affected us here in my area. Never saw it that bad before, so i am thinking that the predictions by the climate experts that storms will get worse and worse are all true. It may not be every year, but when they come they come in bigger and stronger.

I don't know if they are getting bigger and stronger but there a lot more people in the path of these storms today. Tornado alley is a very old term for that part of country and as a kids in Texas we would see monster storms on the ground eating up mostly empty farm land for miles and miles that today are suburbs for large cities. We had buried 55 gal drums in a bunker around the farm to get inside if it was headed our way but thank goodness never took a direct hit. Early warning saved a large number of lives. These people will rebuild for the next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9jAg9_s2UCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back