Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie with controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxer

Hello
i am just starting to learn about PIC microcontrollers, every site that i go to for tutorials say exactly "Once you have learnt how to program one type of PIC, learning the rest is easy" or something similar to that.
Some sites recoomend that you purchase a certain kind of PIC controller and experiment with it... Different site Reccomend different things so its kinda confusing.. as a beginner what type of PIC programmer should i get? i really don't want to make one yet because its ahrd to gather small electronic parts here in turkey(military) so i rather just purchase, what is compatiable lots of Microcontrollers all i want to do is small projects like play with LED's, Make an electronic lock like pin number to unlock, and a voltage measurement decive with LCD screen...
these are 3 projects i would like to work on in future but i am just starting with learning BASIC language so for these applications what type of Programmer is reccomended?
Thank you
Max

Hello
i am just starting to learn about PIC microcontrollers, every site that i go to for tutorials say exactly "Once you have learnt how to program one type of PIC, learning the rest is easy" or something similar to that.
Some sites recoomend that you purchase a certain kind of PIC controller and experiment with it... Different site Reccomend different things so its kinda confusing.. as a beginner what type of PIC programmer should i get? i really don't want to make one yet because its ahrd to gather small electronic parts here in turkey(military) so i rather just purchase, what is compatiable lots of Microcontrollers all i want to do is small projects like play with LED's, Make an electronic lock like pin number to unlock, and a voltage measurement decive with LCD screen...
these are 3 projects i would like to work on in future but i am just starting with learning BASIC language so for these applications what type of Programmer is reccomended?
Thank you
Max

here is a JDM compatible PIC programmer link
**broken link removed**

there is an circuit diagram and some pictures of my pic programmer which works fine...

i use assembly language to programe.which is MPLAB...
**broken link removed**

And the programing software is ICPROG
www.ic-prog.com

hope u like it

Hello
Thank you
Max

here is a JDM compatible PIC programmer link
**broken link removed**

there is an circuit diagram and some pictures of my pic programmer which works fine...

i use assembly language to programe.which is MPLAB...
**broken link removed**

And the programing software is ICPROG
www.ic-prog.com

Asm instructins set will be on
www.mikroelektronika.com
from there u can get basic instructions too

hope u like it

Maxer said:
Hello
Thank you
Max

I suggest you visit my site, programmers and software, plus PIC tutorials.

All your projects above are covered in my tutorials!, I would advise you to learn assembler rather than BASIC (even if you move on to BASIC later) - but you can't use a BASIC compiler effectively without a decent knowledge of assembler.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Maxer said:
Hello
Thank you
Max

I suggest you visit my site, programmers and software, plus PIC tutorials.

All your projects above are covered in my tutorials!, I would advise you to learn assembler rather than BASIC (even if you move on to BASIC later) - but you can't use a BASIC compiler effectively without a decent knowledge of assembler.
Okay nigel i will stick to your site i guess i will e-mail you if i get lost or confused in the way
thanks
max

Hi Max.
Basic Micro has a really nice programmer package
for the basic langaugae. There website is www.basicmicro.com.
You'll have to type it in manually as this site will direct it somewhere
else.

Good Luck
Gordon

Really, if money is no big issue, the Parallax Basic Stamp series is a great way to get your feet wet. Their kits run in the US$100 to US$200 ranges though. I bought a BS2 kit which included the Basic Stamp and "Board of Education" and had no problems at all getting it to work. You get very good books and instructions with all the parts you need. You do need a Windows95 (or better) computer, I think.

I had very good luck getting started. I had LEDs flashing and servos turning the day I got it. If you are a true newbie the textbooks you get will teach you quite a lot.

If cost is a major problem, I think you can download most of the documents, software and schematics for free and build it all yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back