Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorola 68020 Microprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.

udi_hakim

Hi,
I just got some motorola MC68020RP16E Microprocessors and i wanted to know if anybody here knows how to program and make them work with some hardware and can explain it to me...

Thanxxxx

I think for the 68020 you would need at least an EPROM for your program. Other than that, the usual suspects (gcc, etc) can be had for the 68000 series parts.

:) sure it needs eeprom'latches and other stuff... i am looking for somebody that had some experiance with these processors.

I know the 80c31/51 and the 8088/86 very good and i am lerning some of the TI's RISC microcontrollers right now but i never worked with the motorola....

680x0 series is almost obsolete.
unfortunately, my company still using it....
that belong to previous generation people..

StupidDum said:
680x0 series is almost obsolete.
unfortunately, my company still using it....
that belong to previous generation people..

What are you doing in your company ? can you get me a scheme of a basic circuid using the 680X0?

my company use 68030 to implement data logger
I do not know much about ColdFire, but it definitely much newer than 680x0.
Besides motorola, you could consider other 32 bit microprocessors as well, for example 80x86,ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back