Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measuring inductances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaibhav Birit

i want to make inductances in the microhenry range(for HF). How do i measure the values of the inductances, using very simple circuit. I do not want to make a complex circuit for measuring inductance values since i do not want to defocus from my primary aim.
So is there any simple arrangement, which will tell me inductance values, quickly.

Vaibhav Birit said:
i want to make inductances in the microhenry range(for HF). How do i measure the values of the inductances, using very simple circuit. I do not want to make a complex circuit for measuring inductance values since i do not want to defocus from my primary aim.
So is there any simple arrangement, which will tell me inductance values, quickly.

You build an oscillator around it, and measure it's output frequency - then calculate the inductance from the capacitance across it.

Another way is to use a Wheatstone bridge and compare it to known accurate values of inductance.

A way comonly used is to use a GDO (Grid Dip Oscillator) to excite the coil (with a capacitor across it), and again calculate the value from the frequency.

In one of the recent ARRL Handbooks is a relatively simple inductance meter adapter for a DVM. I think it's in the 2003 edition. If you look on FAR Circuits website under test equipment you'll see several projects including the one I mentioned.

thanks fredsm
also if anyone is interrested google Maxwell-Wien bridge..
Thanks to The One for this site ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back