Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display flashing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikesmixes

I am using a LM35 and a PIC16F877 to measure temp and display on a 2x16 LCD.

When i display stuff on both lines, the seconde line flashes. Why is it doing this. I think its got to do with the time i write to the LCD.

Please help.
Tks

.... eye speed

the speed of a eye is 15 frames a second..

soow you shouldn't do less refreshes of the screen per second and then our eyes cant see it...

TKS

(The Killing Server)

:idea:

Have a look at your "1 line" code, is it writing to the 2nd line BEFORE the 2nd line is updated?

Can you give us a sample of the "screen refresh" code?

Are you blanking the line with 16 space characters, then writing to the same line again with the new text?

If so, dont bother, just allocate a 16-byte buffer and pad with spaces to delete any unwanted characters.

This was what i did when my line was flickering.

line2 = "abcdefg "

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back