Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IP323T-15 Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkay9

Hi does anyone have any suggestions for replacing an IP323T-15 voltage regulator? I have accidently broken one of the legs while adding a new heatsink and need to swap the part out.

It has a 3A output..

Data Sheet Spec.
IP323T15
Fixed Positive Voltage Regulator
Integrated Power Semiconductors
Output Voltage Nominal (V)=15
Load Current Max. (A)=3.0
Tolerance (%)=1.0
Drop-Out Volt Max.=2.9
P(D) Max.(W) Power Dissipation=25
Supply Voltage Maximum (V)=25
Status=Discontinued
Package=TO-220
Pins=3
Military=N

Last edited:
Where to buy a KA78T15

Hi, Does anyone know where i can get a KA78T15 or similar in the UK..

7815 is a general purpose voltage regulator. Search any UK-based electronics distributor for "7815" and narrow your search by specifying the parameters you need. The 3 amp model seems like a tough one to find, but, if your application permits, you can use a power transistor to beef up the current output...

The tolerance of the LM7815 is 4% which is worse than the part specified which is 1% which might not be a problem but it could be if it's being used as a reference.

I didn't notice this before, when I made my previous post.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the original specs you posted? Do you know them to be absolutely true?

There is an LM323, but it has a +5v 3A output...another thought to ponder. (7.5 to 15v input, +5v out +/-5%)

I've not seen the specification, other than what the original poster posted, it might be wrong.

There are lots of 15V 3A linear regulator ICs, I couldn't find one with a tolerance of 1% though, perhaps he confused it with the regulation factor?

Not sure. I do know that there are a lot of "datasheet websites" resulting from google searches that have "accurate information".
It looks like a copy paste from this, which is why I asked.

voltage regulator

The data sheet was located on the internet as the item is dicontinued.

The origional part that requires to be replaced is from a 24v dc to 12v dc converter which produces a 3amp output. While settining it up on a new heatsink I broke one of the legs off hence the need to replace it.

Its a 12v output but utilises a 15v regulator, there appears to be a couple of capacitors in the circuit which I assume bring the voltage to 12v

Not sure. I do know that there are a lot of "datasheet websites" resulting from google searches that have "accurate information".
It looks like a copy paste from this, which is why I asked.

Yeah the data sheet was sourced from the net as the part is discontinued.

The voltage regulator is from a 24v dc to 12v dc converter with a 3amp output. It seems to have a couple of capacitors
on the output side which I assume will bring the 15v down to 12v.. I snapped one of the legs off while installing a new
heatsink hence the need to replace it like for like. Any help on where to source a replacement
would be much appreciated..

The capacitors are for filtering and have nothing to do with voltage conversion.

The circuit will probably be fine if it's replaced with a 3A version of the 7815.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back