Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing low power microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

banh

hi I'm using a microcontroller (low power), and the logic level is measured at about 2.93V for high. when interfacing with normal logic IC (AND, OR,...), the high level is 5V. How do i convert from 2.93V to 5V? Is there any level shifter chip i can use? or is there any other way?

banh said:
hi I'm using a microcontroller (low power), and the logic level is measured at about 2.93V for high. when interfacing with normal logic IC (AND, OR,...), the high level is 5V. How do i convert from 2.93V to 5V? Is there any level shifter chip i can use? or is there any other way?

That would probably be fine, it should be within the 5V logic specs. However, why is it only 2.93V? - are you running it from a lower HT rail?.

If it is too low, you could use a simple transistor inverter to change the levels, although it would invert the logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back