Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intercoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macka

Does anyone know of an intercom circuit that allows several stations to communicate at once? (no switching, just everyone can hear everything)

I was thinking it may be possible to use this circuit https://www.redcircuits.com/Page78.htm but modified so all stations are setup the same and have a repeater station.

eg
(full duplex - if possible) (full duplex - if possible)

St1 <--------------------->Repeater <-----------------------> St2
^
(full duplex - if possible) |
|
St3

If St1 talks the repeater will send the signal to St2 and St3
If St2 talks the repeater will send the signal to St1 and St3
If St3 talks the repeater will send the signal to St1 and St2

Is it possible? if not, would it be possible to do this in half duplex?

Anyone have any circuits that do roughly what I'm after?

I know you can get professional comms systems that do this and you can daisy chain 3 comms stations together and connect a number of these chains to a single "main station"/Control box

You don't want a bunch of intercom stations to be loudspeaking and be full duplex. All the microphones will pickup background noise, echoes and present much more of a chance for acoustical feedback howling. The gain of the microphones or the speakers must be reduced to compensate.

The RED circuit might work if each station had an audio mixer for all the rest of the stations' anti-feedback connection. Their wiring (shielded) would be a nightmare.

You can have a bunch of stations as full dupolex if the microphones are close-talking and use headphones.

dont worry, i wouldnt dream of not using headphones. but it doesnt matter now anyway, the school finaly decided that kiddies walkie-talkies werent adequate (took them 5 years) and now have proper radios.

andrew12345678 said:
Does anyone know of an intercom circuit that allows several stations to communicate at once? (no switching, just everyone can hear everything)

I was thinking it may be possible to use this circuit https://www.redcircuits.com/Page78.htm but modified so all stations are setup the same and have a repeater station.

eg
(full duplex - if possible) (full duplex - if possible)

St1 <--------------------->Repeater <-----------------------> St2
^
(full duplex - if possible) |
|
St3

If St1 talks the repeater will send the signal to St2 and St3
If St2 talks the repeater will send the signal to St1 and St3
If St3 talks the repeater will send the signal to St1 and St2

Is it possible? if not, would it be possible to do this in half duplex?

Anyone have any circuits that do roughly what I'm after?

I know you can get professional comms systems that do this and you can daisy chain 3 comms stations together and connect a number of these chains to a single "main station"/Control box

Andrew
U try this . this is your circuit
se you...
ataul..

Attachments

• Intercom.gif
    Intercom.gif
    12 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back