Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inkburg.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
A friend who I had helped with her IT in the past ,( I should add is in her 80's ) said the copies coming off her scanner / printer (A really old Epson DX3800 ) had a big smudge on them , could I do anything about it, I knew these printer jobs can be messy, but as she used it to produce the parish magazine, (She actually cuts and pastes articles .. and copies pages ) each month and she didn't want to buy or afford another machine (scan to file and print is beyond her now, and has another printer on the PC), I said … yep take a look. Anyone done the same knows the horrors lurking below the paper track.... This was particularly bad, huge glob of congeal ink touching the feed roller gubins...After tear down it took a few hours to clean off most of the ink that was touching the feed rollers etc ( worked outside in garden as very messy, I left the white pads alone) then after it dried another 2 hours to reassemble and test. For some reason the waste ink pads had not soaked up the ink as is supposed happen. She always bought genuine ink, I wonder if people realize that a lot of that expensive ink is just dumped inside the printer . And what a c**p design....
INK6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back