Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INA138 to INA139 LTSpice Simulation Adjustment

ACharnley

There's a TI model for the INA138 which works well and a much more complex TI model for the INA139 which doesn't work at all. I need the latter for the higher bandwidth and being a simple current sense chip have been looking to modify the values.

INA139 has 1K resistors on the input and INA138 has 5K.

Is it simply a case of modifying R11 and R20 in the attached lib? I ask because there's also another value at 5K, R20, and my best guess is it's to limit the max current going through the 1N1673.

Attachments

• ina13x.lib.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 106
The TI model works.

1697215582127.png

Attachments

• INA139 Test.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 110
You can post your question to LTspice community if needed.

First, thanks for making the asc file, I still haven't working that side of ltspice out.

So I dumped it into a project but the simulation gets stuck. My hacked INA138 to INA139 file is working, though slow as hell. My CPU is certainly burning watts on it.

Attachments

• c1-current-adjust-dc.asc.zip
    4 KB · Views: 89
First, thanks for making the asc file, I still haven't working that side of ltspice out.

So I dumped it into a project but the simulation gets stuck. My hacked INA138 to INA139 file is working, though slow as hell. My CPU is certainly burning watts on it.

At 166kz it will be slow no matter what. But the TI model design doesn't help either.

I made a small change to the lib file. Try this.
It sims much faster but still slows down at 60ms. I think that's caused by the circuit design.

Attachments

• ina13x_et.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 98

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back