Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ideea for comunication between line folloers

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsoad

I need to make my final year project and i am willing to make something about line follower thing. I won't make just a single line follower cause i think it is not so complex that i want it to be.

So, i am willing to make 2 robots. Firstly, the leader, should be line follower. It will follow the line using a PID algorithm, with information gained from 5 or 6 IR sensors. Secondly, a simple robot , that will follow the exact same line that the first followed, but without 'sensing' the line. The second robot will just do this , only from getting some parameters for its DC motors from the first robot.

So, here is my problem. I don't know how to make these 2 robots communicate. I do not know how to send the PWM signals from the first robot to the second one...

Maybe something with rfPIC?

Please i need some ideas. Thank you!

I need to make my final year project and i am willing to make something about line follower thing. I won't make just a single line follower cause i think it is not so complex that i want it to be.

So, i am willing to make 2 robots. Firstly, the leader, should be line follower. It will follow the line using a PID algorithm, with information gained from 5 or 6 IR sensors. Secondly, a simple robot , that will follow the exact same line that the first followed, but without 'sensing' the line. The second robot will just do this , only from getting some parameters for its DC motors from the first robot.

So, here is my problem. I don't know how to make these 2 robots communicate. I do not know how to send the PWM signals from the first robot to the second one...

i have done these type of communication once. i used an 4 channel IR remote controller.

Here is the Idea. The first line follower is assembled and build. there are three data you can send to the second bot
1. move forward, 2. turn left , 3. turn right.
An ir transmitter is fixed in the leader bot and the IR sensor is placed at its tail. If the leader bot moves forward it will send the signal 1 to the slave bot, if it moves left the signal 2 is sent to slave bot.

the slave bot can receive the IR signal using an phototransistor os photo diode just decode it and make the operations exactly the leader bot doing. This will work man

use rf transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back