Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C writes with SSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

I've got a system using 7-bit addressed I2C comm between a PIC18F452 and a PIC18F252 using the SSP module. It has been in operation with the Master doing all reads from the Slave. I now need to do a few writes to the Slave so I added code to Master & Slave to handle them.

So far I got the Master to continue its reads and writes error-free as far as I can see, but the Slave code for the first write byte and the code for the following writes is just not getting hit. I don't have detailed info on what the slave sees, but these get logged into data for the next read and it's just not getting hit.

I looked at my existing read code and I put a "1" as the LSB in SPADDR reg. I'm not sure if this constituted the "R/W" bit- the R/W bit on the port needs to be 0- but if I recall correctly when I set it to 0 for writes then the Master got hung up waiting for the Slave response. I looked through the Microchip spec several times and couldn't figure out what the extra bit in the SPADDR reg does when you've only got a 7-bit addr.

Any obvious errors you can think of before I try posting a lot of code?

williB said:
i looked at the data sheet for the 452 ..
i could not find the SPADDR reg you speak of..

SSPADD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back