Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I lvoe esnligh

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Let's not forget that some of us here have long-time experience with deciphering some of the threads that get posted!

ex.: Plze hlp me dezign a cirkut for skool projekt that must use PIC and be no more then 15 componuts. Need immedietly, thank u kind sirs.

bloody-orc said:
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

At least in that passage, all the letters are there. Not like some of the posts from the kool text-speaking dik hed kidys on hr.

JimB

but isn't it funny how it is actually quite easy to read the text above... even the longest words... (the longer the easyer for me...)

bloody-orc said:
but isn't it funny how it is actually quite easy to read the text above... even the longest words... (the longer the easyer for me...)
It's because that passage was designed that way- it's not just an article with casually chosen words and random mispellings.

That pretty cool .I wouldn't have thought it would be so easy to understand.But not everybody sees things the same way.For example

How many letter "F's" are in the following sentence?

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF MANY YEARS

I used up all ten of my fingers; now what?

There are 6 F's in the sentence. One of average intelligence finds 3 of them. If you spotted 4, you're above average. To see 5 is rare. If you caught 6, you are a genius. There is no catch. Most people forget the OFs. The human brain tends to see them as Vs instead of F's.

At least thats what the person who posted it says.I think it only has to do with processing information visually .But I only saw 3 F's so I could be wrong.

Last edited:
cyb0rg777 said:
There are 6 F's in the sentence. One of average intelligence finds 3 of them. If you spotted 4, you're above average. To see 5 is rare. If you caught 6, you are a genius. There is no catch. Most people forget the OFs. The human brain tends to see them as Vs instead of F's.

At least thats what the person who posted it says.I think it only has to do with processing information visually .But I only saw 3 F's so I could be wrong.
So basically I'm a genius. :p

yes ,my visual processor apears to be fitering my pattern recognition subroutine through the phonetic decryption processor.I am defective :-(

Wiat a scoend I can see tehm now.

Waht a rleief I wnoedr waht hpapeend.

Last edited:
FadysKool said:
So basically I'm a genius. :p
Me too.

What a load of rubbish. I say, if you can't see all 6 you're below average!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back