Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I gotta hand it to you Brits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

I am one American across the big pond that does relish your nation as an ally and exchange partner, despite our subtle cultural or religolus differences (notice I didn't say intolerances). When it comes to comedy, you chaps take home the trophy. Oh, we have our share of comedy geniuses, but they don't stick to one's ribs and have me laughing aloud like Mr. Bean, Benny Hill, Monty Python, and The Young Ones. I have recorded many episodes of all those I mentioned for my entertainment archive. That's timeless comedy.

Some of my favorite lines are:

-- Nigel (Young Ones) "Peace to all vegetables"
-- Vivian (Young Ones) "Vivian, Vivian, Vivian, why is it everytime something blows up around here it's always Vivian?
-- Rick (Young Ones: People's Poet) "How does it feel Neal, to be real Neal"

-- Monty Python: Petshop Owner sketch, Vocational Guidance Counselor, The Mattress Store, The Pantomime Horse

-- Mr. Bean: all of his stuff!

Last edited:
I am in love with british comedy. Top notch all the way. American sitcoms are mostly garbage. Gotta hand it to the Brits.

Only Fools and Horses, The Office and Some Mothers do 'ave 'em are may favorites.

You forgot open all hours, red dwarf, football (although, I dont think that is supposed to be funny) dads army, yes minister, 2 pints of larger, and OOOH so many more.

And I do enjoy some of the American comedy.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back