Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How far can IR cetec?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam82

HEy all.... i want to ask about the IR detector(LED and photodiode)...!!! how far can it be??? can be around 10cm????

If not.... wat should i do??? is that necessay i use the powerful detector like panasnic one?? erm...!!! i so blur now..~` hope someon :? e can help me

have you got a circuit in mind?
An IR emitter can work many meters..
try this ..
get a TV remote ..
set a port pin for input .
hook up detector output to port pin input ..( the detector should output a series of 0 to 5V pulses).
point remote at detector
if your pic has analog input even better..
hook up the detector output to analog input and see waveform of the remote ( they are all different )

ic.... but how about i don;t want too far... erm... got a certian distance.. like 15cm only..??... if that possible i set the distance for the IR pair??
act i got the detector already,.. its a panasonic branded .. from data sheet.. it shows that it only 3m max.. :roll:

Over longer range, you need to send pulses and detect the change in the receiver, otherwise ambient light will trigger it. Ambient light usually doesn't interfere with a short range thing because the signal strength at 1 cm is so much higher.

IR with a packet of pulses is used for laser tag & military game guns, those range at least 100s of feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back