Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hewlett Packard Oscilloscope Model 1740A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

I bought a HP 1740A second hand about 15 years ago. It is very good, but has failed on several occasions - usually due to a resistor gone high, but sometimes due to a transistor failure.

The HP parts list gives very scant info on the transistors and ICs. Often they only give a HP part number.

HP don't support this item now and, although I was initially able to obtain some info from Agilent, they have also ceased support.

I have been able to select suitable replacement transistors (based on the limited HP info and guesswork) but I'm concerned about the possible failure of the Y input circuitry and the Y output stage. These are built on what looks like a thick film technology that would not be repairable.

So does anyone know:-

1. where I can obtain a translation list of the HP part numbers to their commercial equivalents?

2. info on the special ICs that have HP part numbers?

3. where I may be able to buy another 1740A or similar that I can use for spare parts?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Len

Not sure if you have tried this site or not, but they have a pretty good section of cross-reference lists, part numbers, and spares.

https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/hpparts.html

There are links to Agilients parts database, and other documents as well.

They also sell refurbished and recalibrated equipment.

Agilent has a very nice parts search located here -- http://www.parts.agilent.com/

You can even search by in-house part number.

I could not find any component information on the HP webites whatsoever. Hopefully, it will help you, mate.

Edit: Bah. Shows what I get for not refreshing the page just previous my reply. The link that I gave is at the bottom of the page that zevon8 posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back