Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with A/D and MAX1231

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi,
New to A/D and I have found what I think is the chip I need, but would like anyone to have a look and tell me if it won't work or I'm missing something.

I want to measure a pack of 1.5v batteries that are in series using the differential inputs and the SPI interface. the configuration would be like this.
AIN0 - GND
AIN1 - + of first battery
AIN2 - GND of second battery, which is also + of first battery (basically AIN1+AIN2 tied together, etc. etc. so I'm using 8 connection to monitor 7 batteries.

Also I have another question, Will I need a external VREF of say 4v as the internal differential VREF (2.5v) appears to be -VREF/2 to +VREF/2 only giving a max of +1.25v

Hope this all makes sense.

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back