Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help if possible regarding earhLCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengdiego

Hi eveyone, my project require a lot of displaying so i've done some researching and found this LCD at earthLCD.com here is the link to it. I'm not too familiar with the specs of this LCD and would like to know if anyone know if it would be possible to interface it with my pic chip 18F452 using Pic Basic Pro? if it is, can can i used serout to send datat to the LCD

**broken link removed**

No problem, just grab the controller specs and have at it.

I have the same LCD.... it is not the easiest to control, but then again I have not played with it enough. I was able to send ASCII characters, and the LCD would recognize them, but to change lines you would have to send a LF and CR . I was not able to position the cursor at a specific position, but like I said before I didn't even have a datasheet to work with.

I would recomend getting one of those preprogrammed chips from www.pjrc.com to get nice fonts like shown here They sell taht chip at that same page you have to look for it. I think is like U$8.00.

You are also going to need a negative power supply. I just hooked up a 9V battery with the + to the common and the - to the negative power supply (Vee) pin for the contrast.

Good Luck

Ivancho

would you able to control it with the pic ?

when i read about the LCD, i also bough that chip to control more easily. However, with out any data sheet or diagram. I'm not familiar with the connection from the pic to the LCD. I though that i can just used serout from the pic basic program to send the data. but some how, its doesn't recongize it in decimal or ascii. if anyone can help me, or provide me with a diagram of the pic interfaced with the LCD along with some coding just to display a character it would be great help to me. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back