Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guitar amplifier knob twiddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedhenry10

Hi,

Neil Young has a box that sits on top of his guitar amplifier that twiddles the control potentiometers of the amp for "volume" and "tone". It can remember four different settings of these potentiometers and he can switch between them with foot switches. Neil calls this "robot" that controls the pots the "whizzer".

I saw that another person built a similar device and posted some pictures

The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum :: View topic - The Whizzer...

These boxes are very large and I figure there has to be a way to build a much smaller device and have many more potentiometer settings using a LCD(s) as the user interface rather than individual pots and relay switches.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some web pages or components that could help build a better whizzer?

Thanks!

Ted

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back