Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ge Transistors

FuzzMitch

Can anyone identify (manufacturer etc) these spare Ge Transistors i was given for my 1970's Dunlop JH-2 FuzzFace?
The two that were in the FzFc are a NKT275, and a B175; so the two spares are what im wondering about and they both look the same tho different engraving on top, see hand written note in pics.
Thanks.

Attachments

• DE10AFF7-3647-4FE1-BBA1-C99A756F9E33.jpeg
    DE10AFF7-3647-4FE1-BBA1-C99A756F9E33.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • C4822E5E-5B67-4244-9718-C9FC1A20AAB8.jpeg
    C4822E5E-5B67-4244-9718-C9FC1A20AAB8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • C0129D21-B4EE-4D33-8751-C4CFD10DAD23.jpeg
    C0129D21-B4EE-4D33-8751-C4CFD10DAD23.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 9499C8A9-15A6-4A03-BFA5-CAF360B63C14.jpeg
    9499C8A9-15A6-4A03-BFA5-CAF360B63C14.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 0F67B6BE-3A6D-4FB7-9A45-DC47A98EEB89.jpeg
    0F67B6BE-3A6D-4FB7-9A45-DC47A98EEB89.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
I like to reproduce (play) the sounds that i grew up with. 'av a noice day, moit. (Australian)

Ignore audioguru, he has a weird idea of what music is supposed to be, and a particular aversion to deliberately introduced distortion and overdrive. He also seems to totally ignore that hundreds of years ago orchestra's used 'effects' with their instruments to increase the range of sounds they could achieve.

I believe that a weird idea about music is RAP where a guy reads a book in a monotone with a drum beating.
Many singers recently read the lyrics of a song while AUTOTUNE sings it.
Distortion is noise. It was normal many years ago.

70 years ago I was learning to play the piano that was tuned very well.

Cymbals are a percussion instrument used in drum sets and in temples on the other side of the world. Musical instruments produce variable frequencies with variable duration and loudness.
Most people do not use tone controls to modify normal sounds, instead they adjust tone controls so that the sounds are normal.

If you are trying to claim that cymbals or percussion instruments are not Musical instruments, you are pretty much alone in the world with that idea.

Cymbals are musical instruments of the idiophone class. Percussion instruments are literally by definition musical instruments.

From the Encyclopaedia Britannica:
cymbal (musical instrument)
cymbal, percussion instrument consisting of a circular flat or concave metal plate that is struck with a drumstick or is used in pairs struck glancingly together.

I believe that a weird idea about music is RAP where a guy reads a book in a monotone with a drum beating.
Many singers recently read the lyrics of a song while AUTOTUNE sings it.
Distortion is noise. It was normal many years ago.

70 years ago I was learning to play the piano that was tuned very well.
RAP ....Phil Spectre said someone left the 'C' off at the printers.
AUTOTUNE .... and they still got paid.

If you are trying to claim that cymbals or percussion instruments are not Musical instruments, you are pretty much alone in the world with that idea.
Webster- "Musical"
1a : of or relating to music
1b : having the pleasing harmonious qualities of music : MELODIOUS
------------------------

As far as I'm concerned.
Cymbals per musical definition 1a = true
Cymbals per musical definition 1b = false, not melodious.

So, whether percussion instruments are "muscual" instruments, really depends on the definition of "musical".

I heard that people that hang around with musicians are called drummers. :D

Mike

It can't be any coincidence that there's only very little difference between 'drummer' and 'dumber' :D

In my experience drummers tend to be the most trouble in a band, it's hard to find (and keep) a decent one.

In my daughters musical 'career' she spent much of the time playing as a duo, due to a lack of a reliable drummer. When recording, either her (bass, keyboards, lead vocals - and others!) or Charlie (the guitarist) played the drums, as both were 'good enough' drummers, and had both played drums at gigs sometimes.

Interestingly enough, back in the 70's I built and ran the PA for a band of friends called Avalanche, and we had various drummers, and never with a great degree of reliability. However, the guy who ran the band (the bass player) has recently moved back from Croatia, and has decided to play a gig at a local pub - so is trying to get the band back together. He's borrowed my small PA for rehearsal (first one next Saturday), located the original guitarist (who has never stopped playing), found one of the singers (I doubt he's sung since), and the very first drummer - a guy called 'Andrew Pell' who's name I'd long since forgotten :D

So I'm going along to the rehearsal, to see how it goes - apparently the gig is on July 20th :D

It can't be any coincidence that there's only very little difference between 'drummer' and 'dumber' :D

In my experience drummers tend to be the most trouble in a band, it's hard to find (and keep) a decent one.

In my daughters musical 'career' she spent much of the time playing as a duo, due to a lack of a reliable drummer. When recording, either her (bass, keyboards, lead vocals - and others!) or Charlie (the guitarist) played the drums, as both were 'good enough' drummers, and had both played drums at gigs sometimes.

Interestingly enough, back in the 70's I built and ran the PA for a band of friends called Avalanche, and we had various drummers, and never with a great degree of reliability. However, the guy who ran the band (the bass player) has recently moved back from Croatia, and has decided to play a gig at a local pub - so is trying to get the band back together. He's borrowed my small PA for rehearsal (first one next Saturday), located the original guitarist (who has never stopped playing), found one of the singers (I doubt he's sung since), and the very first drummer - a guy called 'Andrew Pell' who's name I'd long since forgotten :D

So I'm going along to the rehearsal, to see how it goes - apparently the gig is on July 20th :D
If the gig happens, ask them to update the database...

Latest threads

Back