Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Futurelec delivery times..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

Is it normal for deliveries to the UK to take more than 3 weeks??

Was origionally advised 7-10 days. been nearly 3 weeks now.

Hi,

Im in the USA and my order took quite a while too and then i didnt get some connectors that were supposed to be in the order too and when i ordered them they were supposedly in stock. They seem to be slow on delivery.

I've also had to wait a long time for orders from Deal Extreme too, like three weeks or a little longer.

Last edited:
In the US order took over 2 weeks, but I'm not complaining.
The prices were the lowest I could find anywhere.
I believe the order was placed in Australia, and parts were shipped -Either Singapore or Hong Kong.

In the US mine generally arrive within the two weeks. Had one that I think never got processed even though they took the money. I made a 2nd order and it arrived followed by the original order some time latter.

I had already reversed the charges on the first order and rather then mess with sending it back I paid them for it too and kept it.

I have to agree that there prices are very good, delivery is now a concern as i move house in 2 weeks. Not only that but my whole project is in standstill untill these parts arrive

Cobra, I just recieved my order from them and it was 3 weeks exactly from ship date. I am in the southeast US, and from what I have heard that is indeed the norm for them. Watch your credit card for differing amounts billed and additional charges added at a later date too. Had that issue with them sending me a reciept for one amount and actually billing another, then coming back 2 days later and adding a foriegn currency fee too. Watch yourself when dealing with them and dont order anything you need in a hurry. Just a word of warning. There are other suppliers who do not do this and ship in a much more timely manner from someplace other than singapore or Thailand. Be carefull!!!!!
Bob

I ordered from them once like a year ago, took about 3 weeks to arrive. It came in some odd envelope4 package with the flap open! It's amazing no parts had fallen out!

Even though their prices are lower, i prefer to use someone like Mouser, because I know I'm going to get my stuff on time.

i ended up using them because they were the only place i could find that actually sold the parts i needed, i will check my bank when/if the parts arrive.

plus they were recommended

Last edited:
I too was actin on a recomendation and failed to fully investigate the multiple issues with the slow shipping. The credit card issue is apparently new. So watch them closely. Good luck.
Bob

Credit card issue ?
I recieved a reciept for 38.85 USD, but they billed 39.26 to my credit card, then 2 days later they came back and added another 2.50 foriegn currency transaction fee. So my 34.00 order ended up costing 42.00. Gee, if I had an internet business and made a habit of adding that percentage to every transaction I could retire in a short while. I am pissed, and my credit card issuer is involved to prevent this from happening anymore. When my shipment was officially late I asked where it was and recieved a standard brush off about it was in the mail, but no reply about the difference is the credit card charge. Watch your money, they are after it in a very unscrupoulus way. If you or anybody would like to see the proof PM me and I will gladly forward all the evidence for you to make your own decision.
Bob

I use paypal when I deal with futurlec.

It seems that limits them to one transaction.

But it is convoluted as there is no way to specify paypal on the order !

• They have our expired credit card info which we choose not to update.
  • When we submit an order the card fails and they send email requesting payment.
  • We reply with a request for payment through paypal.
  • Within 48 hours they send the request and we pay it.

It has worked well for the past 3 years. Maybe if enough of us starting using paypal they will add it as a payment option. Or maybe they will refuse to accept it. If that is the case they have seen my last order. Either way I can live with it.

Why do I bother? Parts like gold pin headers are over $1 each from US suppliers. For $17 they sent me 250 of them. Yeah it is a life time supply (I use some in teaching) but at under 7 cents each I can afford to stock up. Beast spending a few dollars on them each I make a project order.

I recieved a reciept for 38.85 USD, but they billed 39.26 to my credit card, then 2 days later they came back and added another 2.50 foriegn currency transaction fee. So my 34.00 order ended up costing 42.00. Gee, if I had an internet business and made a habit of adding that percentage to every transaction I could retire in a short while. I am pissed, and my credit card issuer is involved to prevent this from happening anymore. When my shipment was officially late I asked where it was and recieved a standard brush off about it was in the mail, but no reply about the difference is the credit card charge. Watch your money, they are after it in a very unscrupoulus way. If you or anybody would like to see the proof PM me and I will gladly forward all the evidence for you to make your own decision.
Bob

I think you will find that the credit card companies exchange rate made the difference and the 2.50 is also by your credit card company. Futurelec only received what they invoiced. Change credit card company.

Mike.

Hi cobra,
I did say to you the shipping was slow, when I ordered my tqfp boards I used the Ozzie futurlec site and the parts came from China thru china post too I reckon. don't worry mate they will arrive soon ( that is if that police state you live in allows it )

Cheers Bryan

I used them 3 times. Delivery was in 7 days to Holland. If they are waiting for a part to come to them, they will hold your order till they can ship the order in full. They may not contact you informing you of a delay. They do respond right away to email.
I had a problem with a small meter. They sent another free with my next order.

Stock parts to the US was quick. One part I ordered too months. They advised tokeep it on the order rather than re-order.

Same was true for Digi-key. US to US. Some parts had long backorders. There, I just gave them instructions. Items I wanted quickly, items to wait and ship together and when to cancel.

all the parts i ordered were supposedly in stock and posted the following day. I was going to place another order with them too. I hope there here before thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back