Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fm transmitter coil

Status
Not open for further replies.
(audioguru) @ www.rapidelectronics.co.uk i am unable to get a 30pF capacitor the ones they have are 27pF and 33pF. i am also unable to get the 5-36pF capacitor the ones they have are 5-30pF, 5.2-30pF and 5.5-65pF which should i get?
:D thank you :D

monkeytree said:
(audioguru) @ www.rapidelectronics.co.uk i am unable to get a 30pF capacitor the ones they have are 27pF and 33pF. i am also unable to get the 5-36pF capacitor the ones they have are 5-30pF, 5.2-30pF and 5.5-65pF which should i get?
:D thank you :D

30pF isn't a preferred value, you should be able to use either 27pF or 33pF in it's place. As for the preset, either of the two lower value ones will do.

I stole some small ceramic caps from old radios and telephone answering machines. Anywhere near the values I used will work OK.
I was lucky to buy some ultra-miniature ceramic trim-caps, but the normal small plastic ones will be OK.

Try making it with very short wiring. Another guy reported that his didn't work. It looked like this:

Attachments

• fm_circuit.jpg
    fm_circuit.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 318
im sorry to keep being so anoying :D
but i cant get LM2931A5.0 and i really dont know what alternative to use
sorry and thank you again.

All semiconductor manufacturers make low-dropout 5V positive series regulators.

Here are the specs and datasheet. I used an LM2931AZ5.0 and the "Z" is the small transistor package. Its max current is 100mA.
**broken link removed**

100mA fixed voltage regulators – 78L/79L series
Miniature fixed voltage regulators with internal overload, thermal and short circuit protection.
• TO92 plastic case
this is okay isnt it?

A 78L05 "ordinary" voltage regulator needs at worst case a minimum input of 8V to regulate properly. A 9V battery drops to 6V over its life and would be too low for the "ordinary" regulator.
My "low-dropout" regulator needs at worst case a minimum input of 5.6V to regulate properly so works fine until the battery is dead.

Aren't you in the UK? I checked Farnell and they don't have the one I used.

im not too botherd about battery life but would it still work for a litle while atleast?
last question i promise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back