Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Floppy Robot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmukund2000

HI,I am Mukundan(Indian),new out here.I have been reading ur talks for the past few days and its been useful,though i dont understand all(i am real wet behind my ears)

Question:

I have read and seen pictures about the floppy drive robot.So does that mean that the floppy drive has its own microcontroller? or how is it programmed??
In effect how do you program that robot?
I tried visiting ohmslaw.com but it is not accessible.I have tried for 3 days.
Can someone please explain??
Thanks

i have seen the videos of it aswell.
as far as i can tell it doesnt have any sort of control. the I.C.s on the circiut board itself might be able to be manipulated to do what you want it to. ive only heard about this floppy drive robot recently.

Floppy disk drive 'robot'

Is this it ?
**broken link removed**

a variation ...
http://www.generation5.org/content/2001/floppy.asp

Both appear to just use the disk (platter?) motor to move a chassis back and forth, no steering is detailed but is suggested at, saving the head motor for this function.

If someone got really keen on this then the drive electronics could be completely replaced with maybe a microcontroller, giving some on-board intelligence and doing away with the 'umbilical' cable.

robot

HAI FRIENDS i,

I 'M SHRI.V.KRISHNA FROM INDIA
RECENTLY I JOINED MYSELF IN THIS GROUP.
REALLY THE MEMBERS ARE PERFORM VERY MOTIVELY,
" '" " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "" " " " " "

I 'M VERY MUCH INTERESTRED IN ROBOTICS.

SO PLEASE HELP/GUIDE ME TO BUILD AN ORDINARY ROBOT,

OR PLEASE SEND ME THE USEFUL PROFESSORS MAIL ADDRESS AND WEB

SITE ADDRESS .iI LL BE THANKFUL TO YOU ALL.

REGARDS

SHRI.V.KRISHNA

shri_v_krishna@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back