Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flashing LED with PIC16F627

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Jakes electronics, Thanks for the circuit I have got it to work What kind of voltage does each pin allow out to the component? If i was to create a circuit for a motor would I have to use a transistor?
Thanks
Rhys
The output will give 5 volts (providing the input is 5 volts) but the I/O pins on a pic can only 'sink' and 'source' up to 25mA. (See section 17 of the datasheet "Electrical Specifications")
Maximum output current sunk by any I/O pin..........................................................................................................25 mA
Maximum output current sourced by any I/O pin ....................................................................................................25 mA
So the answer about having to use a transistor is yes.
Anything over 25mA will need some type of transistor.

That is called Assembly. Or Assembler. (Depends what you read or who you ask lol)
The file extension is .asm

Languages like C compile down to assembly first before being coverted to a .HEX file. (The Hex file being the data written to the chip)
(you'll notice i also provide the .HEX file so if you had a 628A, you could burn that straight to your chip)

C and other lanuages are almost like a "short hand".
Every line of code can be converted to assembly (and does when compiled). But assembly can be heavily condesed by using another languages.

Lets try somethings....
I dont know any other language so I cann't give you an example....
So somebody, please help me out haha....

For those that know assembly AND C, give an example of a snippet of code in each that achieve the same thing.
for example an "If" statement....

Last edited:
1. Power the chip,
2. hold the data input hi or low
3. raise and lower (set and clear) the clock input to shift data bit into chip,
4. Goto step 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back