Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

Now this is a big demand. If there are no existing mods, it would means some (lot of) coding. :?

I have in past lost a lot of topics which I liked and could not find them after a few weeks inspite of desperate searches.

It would be nice if I could maintain a favourite list of some topics I liked. Now someone might ask me to bookmark them... But I use different PCs to access the internet.

What do you people say?

Wouldn't it be simpler to note topic numbers off the url in a notebook? Rolling Eyes

What if you lose the notebook ? :)

I personally feel posting a link on an online bookmark site site del.icio.us isnt as tedious as maintaining a notebbook! I have found the site quite handy, you might want to give it a try.

Google

I use google book marks....

But making a book mark of topics is't what I fancy... The google book marks would get cluttered. Moreover, it is quick to use a forum book mark while on the forum without leaving the site.

check out sitebar:

https://sitebar.org

Our host can setup a private electro tech version, or you can use the public version straight from sitebar.

Once you get yourself an account, you sign in and can start adding sites to your sitebar account, organizing them as you see fit.

I have probably 100+ bookmarks on my account, and easily access them from any computer, I just sign-in to sitebar, and there they are. On my home computer, lab computer and office computers, I have setup a feature of sitebar called "Live Bookmarks", which are RSS feeds from the sitebar server. I can generate these feeds for specific groups, etc, based on whats stored in my account ... if I add a new bookmark at work, it shows up on all my other computers as well, automaticlly.

best of all, it's completely free, and there are no banner ads or spam or anything nasty like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back