Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Experience with DrWeb Antivirus & Antispam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi,

I purchased DrWeb Antivirus & Antispam online these days.

Everything looked normal during the installation. After a system restart the program immediately asked for online registration and validitation.

Before an internet connection was established there were several error messages displayed in rapid order - too fast to read them.

Then the OS shut down and restartet.

Upon restart I received the error message "Cannont find RPC-server" (RPC=Remote Procedure Call), followed by a 60 second countdown to shut down the OS and restart in an endless loop. Trying to fix the problem starting in secure mode wasn't successful either showing the same error message with the follow up procedure of shut down.

I purchased a new hard disk, disabled the boot drive, and installed a new operation system. Doing that I had to learn a huge bug contained in windows XP. The OS was installed on drive H:\ instead making the new drive letter C:\

Graphic accelerator software and monitor software do always install their drivers on drive C:\ which meant only a very poor display with standard values, not allowing for any hardware change. This is indeed very frustrating using a Ge-Force 7300 graphic accelerator card.

I compared system files to find out if there was any difference. The RPC-related exe-file has a file size of 100MB originally, the one in the corrupted system had a file size of 106MB. ANTIVIRUS?

I claimed cancellation of the purchase and refunds. PayPal didn't play a lot around and just refunded the money without contacting the author of the software, who was given a short notice of the cancellation.

Extreme caution with that software!

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back