Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Article with interesting Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrostatic

I found an electronic article with the following questions and i wanted to know people's opinions and expertise on it:

Your car battery is dead and you took it out. You now want to use 8 AA batteries in series to start it. You have been able to connect the 8 batteries in series, and you connected the + and - terminals to the car's battery corresponding terminals. Explain in your own words what you think will happen when you turn the starter key. Elaborate on your explanation by referring to the characteristic of the non-ideal voltage source.

A Common-Emitter amplifier is biased by a 50Meg and 10Meg resistors. Draw the equivalent diagram of a 'leaky' input coupling capacitor and explain what happens if the leakage resistor is in the range of 20Meg.

There is a BUZZ in your phone, which seems to go away when the battery is fully charged. You suspect the noise comes from an inductor in the phone's power supply. You open the phone, look at the power supply and see a ferrite core inductor: but some of the windings do not appear to be epoxied into place. Explain how this might cause the noise.

Discuss how the frequency of the electrical signal presented to a speaker converts to high or low pitch sounds.

1- The batteries will not be able to provide enough amps.

4- The voltage/current (power) moves the speaker at the rate that it's frequency is. If the frequency is high, the speaker's cone will get moved more times per second and vica versa if the frequency is low. Lower frequency equals lower sound and higher frequency equals higher sound.

It sounds like either the teacher didn't teach, or the student didn't learn nor listen.
If I ask my 6 years old niece what would happen if you short 8 little AA cells in series she wouldn't know, but might have some funny answers. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back