Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjl4

Finally I have found what I've been looking for a while.

I think even you, "audioguru", will agree that the free version is good.

Simple and easy to learn.

If anyone else uses this software, please let me know if you've had problems with it.
Just a heads up will do, as I would hate to invest hours in a schematic, only to find out, I could'nt do pcb's without major headache.

Thanks for opinions.

P.S. here is link to site https://www.diptrace.com/

hjl4 said:
Finally I have found what I've been looking for a while.

I think even you, "audioguru", will agree that the free version is good.

Simple and easy to learn.

If anyone else uses this software, please let me know if you've had problems with it.
Just a heads up will do, as I would hate to invest hours in a schematic, only to find out, I could'nt do pcb's without major headache.

Thanks for opinions.

P.S. here is link to site https://www.diptrace.com/

Hey! This EDA tool looks very good for the cost. Glad you shared it. I may have to go and play with it now!

Russlk said:
Thanks, but for the price, I will stick with Eagle.

Well nothing beats the low cost version of Eagle. But I'm thinking about the non-low cost, non-freebie type stuff. SOmetimes the limitations of the low cost stuff just wont do. So with that in mind, Eagle loses out for the professional version cost wise! And I'm willilng to bet Eagle isnt providing any value added beyond that.

Eagle professional (unlimited) ~ $999 USD
Diptrace professional (unlimited) <$600 USD !

Wow.

Lowcost edition

Hi All,

We plan to add 2 new editions together with DipTrace 1.23 release:
Home Edition (250 pins, 2 signal layers, all outputs are enabled) for $75;
Small Business (2000 pins, 6 signal layers) - probably for $495

Also notice that you can upgrade the edition at any time with no overcharge.

With kind regards,
Stanislav Ruev
DipTrace Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back