Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

@(*&(@$& DVI blade sizes and types

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
I went and bought some DVI-I cables off of ebay for my two new monitors because they didn't come with them and they charge like $50-$80 for a 1m DVI cable where I am.

So then I got them and noticed my monitor had DVI-D plugs so it didn't FIT. My bad, no problem, I went and cut off the 4-pins. Then it turns out the *@$&(*#&$(*@$&# blade is too wide so it won't fit in AT ALL. So now I'm stuck with some useless DVI-I cables where it costs too much to send them back, especially since one is altered. WTF?!!!

Why on earth would they make the forsaken blade size different on a DVI-I and a DVI-D when they're the same thing? THis is BS. ()#$*@$*$*#
()#$*@$*$*#()#$*@$*$*#()#$*@$*$*#()#$*@$*$*#()#$*@$*$*#. Stupid standards. THis is like the last straw. I already exchanged something else on Ebay and the seller claims it never arrived and but they already sent out a replacement and that hasn't arrived yet either. WTF. THIS IS GARBAGE.

Your best friend in these kinds of situations is a Dremel Tool, no one should be without one. Educating yourself about EXACTLY what kind of cable you need and what kind you're purchasing is your own resposability.
Caveat Emptor

It actually should have worked. Just *some* manufacturers make the blade larger for DVI-I than DVI-D to stop you from using it with DVI-D only by clipping off the 4 analog pins.

I could order 6 more cables before I would exceed the price that a local store charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back