Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual output 555 circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

raitl

Hello.

I am making an IR obstacle detection circuit based on a 555 timer. I need to add a second IR LED to the schematic but with the option to turn the two LED's on and off independently, via a single I/O from my uC.

I was thinking of using an inverter chip, but I wish to keep the size of my board to absolutely minimum.

I have attatched my current schematic for a single LED circuit.

Attachments

• IR_sch.png
    IR_sch.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 484
Independent control of two IR LEDs suggests that there are 4 possible states that you require .... using the single controller output line.
Consider using a binary counter ... of the sort given here:
**broken link removed**
.... using only two flip-flops to construct A and B responses for a count pulse up to 3.

Does this achieve your objective? .... You would have to cycle through the states to get to a desired LED selection ... but that shouldn't be a major problem.

Using only an inverter would not give you a complete selection of LED states.

If this doesn't meet your requirements ... please elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back