Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do we have a safeguard against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hello--

I just got a PM from some Chinese spammer with 0 posts. I was thinking we had a safeguard to prevent spammers from sending PMs, but perhaps I'm thinking of a different site?

This brings me to the question--can we say "no PMs for any users with <5 (or so) posts"? I know AAC has such a rule and it works out very well. If ETO could also implement this, I think it could prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future. And if you think that would limit their use of the site, how many newbies (users with <5 or 10 posts) need to converse via PMs anyway vs on the forums? I think it might be something worth looking into, but I wanted to see who else would agree.

Regards,
Matt

Good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back