Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Directory of circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit Seeker

I am trying to build a directory of circuits and other useful information - the idea is that people submit links to pages on websites that they have found particularly useful with a small description of the page. Other members can then rate the circuit/project/tutorial and leave comments about them so other users can easily tell how good they are, if they actually work etc.

You will also be able to search the directory to find circuits - the search results can be ordered by several things such as user rating, number of comments etc.

I've built the website you can see it at www.circuitseeker.com I haven't added many links yet and the directory structure will probably be modified in the future but everything else should stay pretty much the same.

If you know of any interesting links to good pages on website I would appreciate it if you could add them to the directory. I don't really want links to websites homepages but would like links to individual projects/circuits on a website, this will allow people to search for specific circuits.

I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions about this - do you think it is something that might be useful to you?

Thanks for your time

Circuit Seeker said:
I am trying to build a directory of circuits and other useful information - the idea is that people submit links to pages on websites that they have found particularly useful with a small description of the page. Other members can then rate the circuit/project/tutorial and leave comments about them so other users can easily tell how good they are, if they actually work etc.

You will also be able to search the directory to find circuits - the search results can be ordered by several things such as user rating, number of comments etc.

I've built the website you can see it at www.circuitseeker.com I haven't added many links yet and the directory structure will probably be modified in the future but everything else should stay pretty much the same.

If you know of any interesting links to good pages on website I would appreciate it if you could add them to the directory. I don't really want links to websites homepages but would like links to individual projects/circuits on a website, this will allow people to search for specific circuits.

I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions about this - do you think it is something that might be useful to you?

Thanks for your time

Your idea sounds good and I like your website, it is easy to navigate. If you want to be known as a "reliable" source for circuits, I would recommend keeping circuit projects locally and not depend on external links - as these come and go too frequently to be considered reliable.

Thanks Optikon, unfortunately i don't really have enough time at the moment to be able to write a lot of projects for the website to store them locally. The website does contain a script that goes through and checks that the links are still working so you should always find working links - also if people find broken or bad links they can report them. Hopefully these measures will keep the directory reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back