Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Didcot power station explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Didcot power station has had a massive explosion! I went around there three years ago on a school trip, alot of it has been blown off the face of the earth

Now AG knows your an expat you will be hounded out of Canada :D

According to the news earlier it was an explosion and several were hurt, then later we get a different a different story so I dont know.

I just watched a video and it certainly sounds like an explosion to me. Perhaps it was a premature detonation of a controlled charge?

I just watched a video and it certainly sounds like an explosion to me. Perhaps it was a premature detonation of a controlled charge?
Its looking like that but seems very sketchy! 1 dead several hurt, I dont think anyone knows what is going on. When I went there there was loads more to it than now, so when I saw the pics I thought the lot had gone, I didnt know they had already demolished alot of it. There used to be huge cooling towers

I am wondering if it was being set up for a controlled demolition and somehow it got triggered?

I am wondering if it was being set up for a controlled demolition and somehow it got triggered?
I thought that but one of the residents near to it said they normally warn them if they are going to do any blasting. Maybe it was the store or something

If they warn them when doing any blasting and the charges triggered prematurely, like a few days prematurely, would that be a reason for no warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back