Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC 2 DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayven1lk

hey guys, i am completely new to electronics n to this group :D... i hav been accepted to go to some training for electronics...my 1st project is to assemble a DC 2 DC converter which converts 12 to 5V at a current of 1A using an IC... ny help would be appreciated...thanks :D

Last edited:
erosennin...thanks for the reply, but as i said i am a beginner in electronics and i have no idea what a transistor current bypass is...would it be possible for you to explain in more detail?

thanks

This is the datasheet for the Voltage Regulator I specified.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/03/LM7805-1.pdf
Although it is a 5V1A regulator, it's not really wise running it at a full 1A.
A Current Bypass does as the name suggests. It bypasses the current via a transistor or FET - as a result the majority of the current doesn't flow through the regulator and un-unnecessarily heat it up.
Take a look at Figure 14 on Page 24 of the datasheet... This is what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back