Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Darkroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

Ive found that my photosensitized boards are quite sensitive to light, so much so that I can only have one small bulb on in the other side of the room, which makes it very hard to see.

I was thinking of getting a 1W red LED and mounting it on the ceiling above my workbench. This won't expose the boards will it?

When I used to use a safelight, I used one of those yellow "bug bulbs" ...
JB

I think ill just go ahead and get the LED because it would simply be cool, and its only a couple bucks more. :lol:

williB said:
Zach have you tried the toner transfer method , it works great... :wink:

yea yea, i know you and your PNP blue sheets :roll: . Im sure they work great but I like phototransfer a lot :lol:

Phasor said:
Joel Rainville said:
How about 25W of safe light for 5 bucks? : https://www.adorama.com/LM25W.html

It needn't even cost $5... A red cellophane cover over a normal bulb should work fine, I think. Just don't have the cellophane too close to the bulb... <runs away from impending meltdown>

Sure, but you have to make sure your cellophane blocks all the wavelengths your board is sensisitve to. How do you verify this? You don't. You buy a $5 safelight :p The same goes for the red LED. Make sure it doesn't produce sensible wavelengths... buy a real safelight ;)

Talk to any photographer who does his own darkroom work, you'll get stories on how they tried to paint light bulbs, enclose it in red plastic boxes... It always ends up smelling funny :lol: The red LED's a less dangerous option, but still no match for the "real" thing in my humble opinion, which is just a bulb painted the right way and guaranteed not to smell or produce toxic fumes.

**broken link removed**

Too late, I already ordered the LED. If it doesn't work, I have a cool 1W LED :lol:

**broken link removed**

Sure arn't cheap :lol: , there are probably cheaper/better ones around though.

Found this interesting as a looked through them;

**broken link removed**

Good idea, makes it easier to heatsink I guess.

zachtheterrible said:
williB said:
Zach have you tried the toner transfer method , it works great... :wink:

yea yea, i know you and your PNP blue sheets :roll: . Im sure they work great but I like phototransfer a lot :lol:

You and me are in the same boat. It seems to be economical, and best of all NEAT!

Ever since switching, I managed to put two 0.2mm wide tracks together with a 0.5mm spacing in between them. So far, I have only used a quarter of a transparency, and that $1.50 is lasting me a while.

now I can CRAM without mistakes.

anybody want my used wax? :lol: j/k

The red LED works wonderfully!

I can actually see what Im doing. It even looks cool when all the lights are off, sort of like a submarine :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back