Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom made crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.

hantto

Hello!

Is it possible to order custom made crystals from somewhere? I would need some non-standard values. A 24.66875MHz and a 23.33125MHz. I guess no one is willing to make only a few. Does someone have additional knowledge about this?

I used to buy all of my special crystals from International Crystal Manufacturing. Their website suggests they can do what you want. There are a few guys who trim crystals for amateur radio use but I'm not sure just how good that process is - it can produce a nice, stable crystal but I'd question the relative precision of the frequency.

stevez said:
I used to buy all of my special crystals from International Crystal Manufacturing. Their website suggests they can do what you want. There are a few guys who trim crystals for amateur radio use but I'm not sure just how good that process is - it can produce a nice, stable crystal but I'd question the relative precision of the frequency.

Thank you! I'll take a look at their site.

What are you driving here? It is a microcontroller?
Some of the more recent PICs have an onboard high accuracy clock generator that you can tune to specific frequencies.

you can also check out digital oscillators, namely Maxim's EcnoOscillator ... it is digitally programmable to generate just about any frequency within its range (0 to 100mhz typ). It can also divide or multiply an external clock source, so if you get ahold of a crystal that is a harmonic of one of those freq, you can divide / multiple to get the result you seek.

Try this company in the UK

**broken link removed**

I have had crystals from them in single quantities, no problem.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back