Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create a children's table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
I am one of the members of this forum who suffered the insult of being called all manner of profane names by Krumlink yesterday. My crime? I simply suggested that he add a load resistor to his ATX-based PSU and gave a link to a site that explained the need for that resistor. I made no other comments or criticisms of him or about plagiarism.

His outbursts have been removed, but I don’t think that is sufficient. Okay, so he wrote a very weak mea culpa and came down from his “angry dome.” This was not his first offense. What will be the next trivial thing to set him off?

Perhaps there should be a children’s table where such postings are put and where one would not have to venture unless intentionally wanting to read the rants of adolescents.

John

It's a tough call because of Krumlinks young age most forum members cut him alot of slack. He still has to learn to give credit where credit is due.
If he could focus his attention and learn a little patience he's got potential, at least he makes the effort to actually build things, unlike another 12yr old member here.
Don't worry if he gets out of control then he gets a "vacation day"

Good idea, or at least a moron zone.

I received an abusive PM from him yesterday, ranting on about me accusing him of plagiarism. I just chuckled to myself and ignored it.

I received another abusive PM from him earlier on today going on about how much he hates me, how it's my fault that he has negative reputation and his thread was deleted and how much of an a-hole I am as I don't f-ing care. Again, I just chuckled to myself and ignored it.

I don't take any of his insults seriously as it's blatantly obvious even to him that his wild accusations were all unfounded so I didn't even give him the satisfaction by defending myself against them.

I've noticed he's been banned again, I hope this isn't permanent as he isn't a bad member, he's just immature and I hope all Nigel is doing is the equivalent of grounding him for a bit.

I probably have no right to post here but out of experience and from what I understand through what you guys have posted, he will grow out of it. I use to be like that and at somewhere around 13 or 14 I stopped completely.

43617373 said:
I probably have no right to post here but out of experience and from what I understand through what you guys have posted, he will grow out of it. I use to be like that and at somewhere around 13 or 14 I stopped completely.

Was that when you started wearing a box over your head? :p

I think this web page would help him;

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

Krumlink:

Read that page in it's entirety. There's a lot of useful advice in there, and I think it'll set you on the right path (and a path that's right for you too). This site is mainly aimed at software hackers, but the advice applies equally well to any type of hacker. Besides, an Electronics hacker has to be fluent in hardware AND software so a lot of it is extremely relevant anyway.

Brian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back