Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cool box.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
Why didn't I invent this, I did something similar 100 years ago :) for a 72 pin cinch cable,

Why didn't I invent this, I did something similar 100 years ago :) for a 72 pin cinch cable,

30 connectors, 20 LEDs, a multi position switch, a momentary switch, a painted steel enclosure that is silkscreened on two sides with more than 75 drilled holes, 10 machined hole for various USB, hdmi and CAT5 and 28 screws, 5 nuts, and a battery box - many of the connectors appear to be handwired chassis mount. All that to sell for $60 on Amazon (who takes a good chunk of the selling price).

The guy is either making pennies per box or losing money. I think you should be relieved that you didn't invent this. Connectors are expensive, wiring them up is expensive, enclosure is pricy and distributing them is spendy. Sleep well. You didn't miss an opportunity.

My 72 pin socket lashup just turned the expensive and huge 1inch 6 feet cable into a huge coil with a battery and bulb so engineers could waggle it about to find if there was a broken wire,( back at the workshop) The cable joined a punch tape to an all transistor computer 'lump', housed in a pull out operators drawer and was the first thing that got swapped out as a fault fix, regardless of any continuity testing as it took so long to do. I took the failed scrap cables home stripped them down for engineers, it was a great source of stranded wire.

I thought I was older than dirt. methinks granddad, gets the honour.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back