Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connection for 2 D-9 MAX232

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

If i want to connect 2 PIC using RS232, one is using D-9 Female, another is using D-9 Male. I wonder, will it be difference for the connection for each with MAX232.

Thanks!

janetsmith2000@yahoo.com said:
Hi,

If i want to connect 2 PIC using RS232, one is using D-9 Female, another is using D-9 Male. I wonder, will it be difference for the connection for each with MAX232.

Thanks!

If you've wired them correctly, they just just plug together - or use a lead, wired directly across. If it's something you're building, and they will only connect to each other, there's no need for MAX232's, simply connect the PIC's pin to pin at 5V levels.

I have one pic for data logging, another pic to control sensor.
I wish to connect 2 pic's using rs232. are both connections are identical, not matter if it is D-9 plug or D-9 socket?

i am using pin 2,3,5 for both D-9. Is this correct way of connection?
do i have to reverse the pin 2 and 3 for the other D-9?

You don't need to use the RS232 to connect them you can just connect them pin to pin and use serial in/out commands, unless you want to connect them over a distance but still pin to pin wiring with some cable would work for this.

janetsmith2000@yahoo.com said:
what i want to know is that, do i need some thing called Null modem cable or null modem adaptor?

As I mentioned above, if you've wired them correctly (one as DTE and one as DCE) all you need is a straight cable (or even just push the sockets together). If you've wired them incorrectly it's anyones guess?.

If you do a google search for 'rs232 pin connections' there's loads of information out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back