Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chronometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock:

What can I say!

With such a nice request, and full, in depth description of exatcly what it is you want AND how you think a microcontroller may help you, I can't belive that people on this forum are not falling over themselves to help!!

Come on guys, this guy needs, no deserves, our undivided attention! What are we waiting for!!!??? :wink:

Are you sure you ain't 'John Doe' :p

Seems that you are new to PICs so I guess a good starting place would be Nigels Tutes, but that might still be a little too advanced....

I guess you'll want this chrno meter output displayed on a lcd or maybe couple 7-seg led displays?

Would be cheaper to interface a PIC with the little IC that converts binary (on the input) to correctly display that digit on the 7-segs, but an lcd would be neater.

As for coding - go check out ASM for PICs (google, Nigels). Once you start making some progress just post here - we are always around to help ;)

:oops:

Ok, maybe I was a little harsh yesterday, but I must admit, I am getting a little "peeved" by the "I am doing a degree, do it for me" posts.

I have personally had a "student" use MY work as part of his degree (no nasty comments Nigel!!! My code's not THAT bad!!), so I am a little bitter, ok I have admited it!!

Basically, if people can demonstate that they actually would like your help, rather than demanding it, then I am more than willing to help.

A little bit more information would also help "oil the wheels" :wink:

So well done bsodmike, you gave the answer that I should have..... and..... shuffles feet and looks down..... sorry Jim Doe

Matt(Pic progger) said:
:oops:

Ok, maybe I was a little harsh yesterday, but I must admit, I am getting a little "peeved" by the "I am doing a degree, do it for me" posts.

I have personally had a "student" use MY work as part of his degree (no nasty comments Nigel!!! My code's not THAT bad!!), so I am a little bitter, ok I have admited it!!

Chill out! - you've only been here three weeks, you'll be bursting a blood vessel before you make four weeks 8)

Bear in mind that many users don't fill their location in, which really pi**es me off! - as you don't have a clue where they might be, and if English is their first language or not. So generally, you need to give them the benefit of the doubt, consider how your posts might read if you were typing them in a totally foreign language?.

I'm not talking French or German here, which you may be familiar with from school, but languages I've never even heard of :lol:

Chill out! - you've only been here three weeks, you'll be bursting a blood vessel before you make four weeks

:lol: You are probably right, I must cut down on the black cof.....sip....fe :wink:

I have also been on other forums in the past, but they were almost 100% "do it for me" posts, so it's nice to find a forum that actually talks about PIC's, anyway I have said sorry, been to my room, missed my dinner, had my pocket money stoped and everything, so can I come back down now please? :wink:

Ok thank for all the attention and specify it a little more:

I'm using a 8051 microcontroller, four 7-sgm-displ. ,a 74ls248 for decoding and a multiplexer.

Can anyone tell me where i can find µC - simulator for windows?

mmmm

i'm not the best one arround here

but i thought that the 8051 are there out in very much different forms..

brands modells etc...soo i think you will
specfy it more..

then you can do a search on the total forum...for it..

About location:

Nigel Master, i will write my location straight away...

About forom..

This is for electronics and pics far away the best forums..
there's only one thing i don't untherstand...(looking @ my way of thinking (mentaliteit) )

wy aret here people ther eout helping other out the **** whit out earning any penny..???

and who is the owner of the forum..

he should think about more sponsor chip ments..

TKS

Some of us make money while beeing on this forum...

I usually read this forum when i'm at work :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back