Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap/simple dual power supply kit recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antknee

I was wondering if someone could recommend a cheap and realiable kit to build a dual power supply?

I have been looking but the ones I found were either outside of my budget, didn't match my spec or for example didn't include a mains transformer. I realise I could make my own, but it would be something of a labour and I'd prefer to find a good kit.

I would like +/-40V, 1Amp, mains transformer included.

Thanks.

What's your budget?

Fixed and it doesn't need to be current limiting. On both of those aspects I'd just look for the price.

Thanks.

What is it to power? I am wondering if you can make do with transformer, bridge and caps, or if you need a switching setup. What it the tolerance on the 40v?

It is to provide power to an audio amp. Currently I'm using batteries, but recharging them is a nuisance.

I have thought about using transformer, bridge and caps. The problem was finding the right mains transformer. They seem to be about £20 on their own.

I don't actually know what a switching setup is...I could probably get away with +/- 20V at 1A

Thanks.

You're not going to find transformers for much less than that, even used let alone an entire power supply that meets your specs. You're going to have to rethink your budget, or get lucky finding something dirt cheap somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back