Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing electronic control treadmill to manual control

Status
Not open for further replies.
treadmill convertion

Hi again
l thanks a lot for the reply to my inquiry regarding to my treadmill convertion. But unfortunately all the mails in my inbox today were captured by SPAM including the 3 emails that you sent. I am having a hard time to remember the technical,informations and websites about schematics of treadmill.I am making a request , if you give me a favor, if you could re-sent to me. the 3 emails that you sent will be much appreciated.

thanks again.
egail

hello
i am working on a project which is related to treadmill pc based controlling. I just started working on it, I need help to understand how i can get the real time data using rj45 cable which is connected to pc I want to control the speed, slop of treadmill by giving commands from pc not the linex sofware which is in built in daum treadmill which is i am using if any body have any idea about this please help me out thanks in advance quick response will be highly appreciated.

Welcome to ETO.
You have hijacked a 3 year old thread. You are more likely to get help if you start your own thread in the relevant forum.

hello
i am working on a project which is related to treadmill pc based controlling. I just started working on it, I need help to understand how i can get the real time data using rj45 cable which is connected to pc I want to control the speed, slop of treadmill by giving commands from pc not the linex sofware which is in built in daum treadmill which is i am using if any body have any idea about this please help me out thanks in advance quick response will be highly appreciated.

I agree with Alec in that a new thread addressing exactly what you have and what you want to do would be the best start. What you want to do isn't difficult but takes some doing. Also, RJ45 is a connector not a cable. The RJ45 connector is normally used with an Ethernet cable or Ethernet interface.

Ron

I am also trying to convert a treadmill to manual. I uploaded a photo of the motor.

I found this on eBay. Will this work to control this motor.

https://r.ebay.com/d8a70D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 258
Check for 8~12Vdc to run the touchpanel
PWM control drives the motor. Tach reports back speed. Panel regulates the PWM to match target speed.
The motor needs 21A 95V for 2.9Hp

Last edited:
So for my project ct I am actually ditching the control panel. All I want to do is manually control the motor. I'm kind of new to this. I'm just trying to figure out if this should be able to control my motor if I hook it directly to the motor.

https://r.ebay.com/d8a70D

Thanks for the help

Mark

300W is about 0.4 Hp, so It will not be full speed or full torque

You need to look for a KB/Baldor DC motor controller (ebay), either SCR bridge type or PWM (PWM is the better one).
Usually the only reason the plate is marked CW rotation is because of a threaded flywheel if fitted.
The ebay item you show is not a controller.
Max.

Have you try to clean the touch pad at all. It could be that is all the trouble. Use alcohol and q tips to clean it. Don't forget to wipe it dry as the alcohol evaporates it draws moisture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back